You may only bring packages or bags on board that you or your PCA or companion can handle in one trip. Drivers are not allowed to assist with packages or bags. If a vehicle arrives to pick you up and you have too many packages or bags, you may be refused transport.
If assistance is needed with packages or bags, Metro County Connect offers a Grocery Bag Assistance Program.
The Metro County Connect grocery bag assistance service is offered to all passengers. Drivers will assist passengers with loading their grocery bags on the vehicle and bringing them to the first door at the passenger's destination. Drivers cannot enter stores or bring grocery bags into the residence.
Grocery Program Service Times:
- Tuesday and Thursday--6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday--7:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Price for Service:
- Double the passenger's regular fare to transport groceries
- Double fare applies to the grocery trip only
Types of Items:
- Standard plastic, paper or reusable grocery bags only
- No oversized items that cannot fit in the standard grocery bags
- No items weighing more than 20 pounds
- No large bags
- No shopping carts
Number of Bags:
- The driver will assist with a maximum of ten (10) bags
- Passengers may bring additional bags that they or their attendant can manage
Scheduling a Grocery Trip:
Let the scheduler know that you are requesting a grocery shopping trip at the time you are booking the trip and that you will need assistance from the driver to load and unload your items. All grocery shopping trips are based on availability. To schedule a grocery shopping trip, please call 350-2970.
Drivers are not responsible for any damaged or spoiled items. Drivers are not allowed to accept tips.